Emperors, billionaires, philosophers and rappers stoic quotes to relax your mind.
November 18, 2019
What kind of tweets would you see if twitter was around during the days of Marcus Aurelius and other great philosophers. I like to think that if you follow the right accounts and avoid the garbage you can be surrounded daily by great messages. Some of the following quotes are a great example of what you may have seen if twitter was around many years ago.
1. It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor." - Seneca
2. “It never ceases to amaze me: we all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinions than our own." - Marcus Aurelius
3. “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to you estimate of it; and this you have power to revoke at any moment." - Marcus Aurelius
4. “To bear trials with calm mind robs misfortune of it's strength and burden." - Marcus Aurelius
5. “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
6. “You are scared of dying - and tell me, is the kind of life you lead really any different than being dead?" - Seneca
7. "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analysing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on." - Tupac Shakur
8. "if you are ever tempted to look for outside approval, realise that you have compromised your own integrity. If you need a witness, be your own." - Epictetus
9. “You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing thins with logic. True power is restraint. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass." - Warren Buffett
10. Get busy with life's purpose, toss aside empty hopes, get active in your own rescue." - Marcus Aurelius