THE 20 BEST Lionel Messi MOTIVATIONAL QUOTES for every soccer player
Lionel Messi is considered the best player in the world and regarded by many as the greatest of all time. Lionel Messi is a professional footballer who plays as a forward for Barcelona and the Argentina national team. Below are Just Some of the Motivational quotes though out his career.
1. You cannot allow your desire to be a winner to be diminished by achieving success before and I believe there is room for improvement in every sportsman.
2. I prefer to win titles with the team ahead of individual awards or scoring more goals than anyone else. I'm more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world. When all this is over, what are you left with? When I retire, I hope I am remembered for being a decent guy.
3. There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.
4. Being named among the best at something is special and beautiful. But if there are no titles, nothing is won.
5. The day you think there is no improvements to be made is a sad one for any player.
6. When the year starts the objective is to win it all with the team, personal records are secondary.
7. The truth is that I don't have a favourite goal. I remember important goals more than I do favourite goals, like goals in the Champions League where I had the opportunity to have scored in both finals I have played in. Finals in the World Cup or Copa del Rey are the ones that have stayed with me for longer or that I remember more.
8. I have fun like a child in the street. When the day comes when I'm not enjoying it, I will leave football.
9. In football as in watchmaking, talent and elegance mean nothing without rigour and precision.
10. Whether it's a friendly match, or for points, or a final, or any game - I play the same. I'm always trying to be my best, first for my team, for myself, for the fans, and to try and win.
11. Every year I try to grow as a player and not get stuck in a rut. I try to improve my game in every way possible. But that trait is not something I've worked on, it's part of me.
12. It's scoring goals that's great, whether against Brazil or anybody else.
13. You cannot allow your desire to be a winner to be diminished by achieving success before and I believe there is room for improvement in every sportsman.
14. I have many years to get better and better, and that has to be my ambition. The day you think there is no improvements to be made is a sad one for any player.
15. I always thought I wanted to play professionally, and I always knew that to do that I'd have to make a lot of sacrifices. I made sacrifices by leaving Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. I changed my friends, my people. Everything. But everything I did, I did for football, to achieve my dream.
16. For my part, I try to do my bit to make people's lives more bearable, in particular children across the globe who are having problems.
17. I've always really just liked football, and I've always devoted a lot of time to it. When I was a kid, my friends would call me to go out with them, but I would stay home because I had practice the next day. I like going out, but you have to know when you can and when you can't.
18. I am competitive and I feel bad when we lose. You can see it in me when we've lost. I'm in a bad way. I don't like to talk to anyone.
19. Sometimes you have to accept you can't win all the time.
20. “Money is not a motivating factor…My motivation comes from playing the game I love. If I wasn’t paid to be a professional footballer, I would willingly play for nothing.”