Elon Musk Top 25 Motivational Quotes
1. If you're trying to create a company, it's like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.
2. When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
3. If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it's not.
4. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.
5. There's a silly notion that failure's not an option at NASA. Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.
6. The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.
7. When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars people said, 'Nah, what's wrong with a horse?' That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.
8. It's OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.
9. It's OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.
10. The odds of me coming into the rocket business, not knowing anything about rockets, not having ever built anything, I mean, I would have to be insane if I thought the odds were in my favor.
11. I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.
12. I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better.
13. There's a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.
14. People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.
15. I say something, and then it usually happens. Maybe not on schedule, but it usually happens.
16. The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.
17. Life is too short for long - term grudges.
18. Really pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends. ... Hardly anyone does that, and it's incredibly helpful.
19. People should pursue what they're passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.
20. It's very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life and your job is gonna be quite miserable.
21. I always have optimism, but I'm realistic. It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX... It's just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway.
22. I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don't believe in the whole thing of just using other people's money. I don't think that's right. I'm not going to ask other people to invest in something if I'm not prepared to do so myself.
23. Work like hell. I mean you just have to put in 80 to 100 hour weeks every week. This improves the odds of success. If other people are putting in 40 hour workweeks and you're putting in 100 hour workweeks, then even if you're doing the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what it takes them a year to achieve
24. Talent is extremely important. It's like a sports team, the team that has the best individual player will often win, but then there's a multiplier from how those players work together and the strategy they employ.
25. Some people don't like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.